Re: finally have the amd64/pc64 kernel linked

From: Oliver Fromme <check+joarlc00rsobz4bq@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 13 Sep 2007 08:26:51 GMT

Noah yan wrote:
 > Finally have the kernel for amd64/pc64 linked and pushed on the git
 > branch (http://repo.or.cz/w/dragonfly/port-amd64.git). will check in
 > cvs soon.
 >
 > two questions. the loader: look like it is ported on amd64 and able to
 > load an ELF64 kernel. Hope that is true. I am setting up a simics
 > simulator for a hammer. but it panic when booting from the dfly-1.10.1
 > iso. so is there issues running x86-32 dfly on an x86-64 machine? It
 > should not and this may be just the problem of simics.

Have you thought about trying qemu?  I have successfully
used qemu in the past to emulate amd64 machines on 32bit
hardware.

It's very simple to use.  You don't eve have to install
the kqemu accelerator module; the standard emulation is
way fast enough to test booting of CD images.

Best regards
   Oliver