Re: Detangle lwkt_switch() and the idle thread and consolidate sleep variables

From: "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2007 15:03:16 +0200

Matthew Dillon wrote:
    I dont know the semantics of MONITOR/MWAIT.  What happens if you issue
    a MONITOR and the cpu takes an interrupt and issues another MONITOR/MWAIT
    before returning to your MWAIT?  That will govern whether/how we use the
    feature because it will determine whether we need to disable interrupts
    while doing the monitor/mwait sequence or not.

As Joerg already wrote, there are many conditions that will trigger the monitor. Interrupts etc are one of these, so we can execute with interrupts enabled. I was just curious how we could wait only on a single variable, even if we are waiting for multiple tokens and the mplock.

cheers
  simon