Re: vke & link level addressing

From: Chris Turner <c.turner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 08:51:06 -0400

Matthew Dillon wrote:

>     Things start to get confusing when you pile on the features.  Instead
>     we might want to go to a kernel environment 'variable=data' style
>     syntax.

Okay.. agreed.

But what would be more useful: vkernel.conf or vktty?

(assuming I'm doing both)

Thinking the tty just barely, in order to make vkernel.conf more useful
& enable Nuno's start script, but perhaps not.

Implementation things would hopefully start happening in about a month
or so - the original need for lla / dhcp is not urgent and I've got to
get some other things taken care of.

Thanks,

- Chris