Re: link(2) and EFAULT

From: Dave Hayes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 14:11:52 -0700

Simon Schubert <Simon> writes:
> Like any other error: abort or do something else sensible.

I was wondering what, if anything, would be sensible when
receiving this error message. This seems like something a
userland application should rarely get.

Michael Galassi <nerd@xyz.com> writes:
> copyin() is called by the system call code and returns
> efault after validating the address, before actually
> touching it.

Ah ha. So there's something getting corrupted somewhere.
Useful to know. Thanks.
------
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave@jetcafe.org

The king arrived at the resturant where Nasrudin had been
left in charge. The king ordered an omelette. After his
meal, when he saw the check he raised his eyebrows. "Eggs
must be very costly here. Are they as scarce as that?"

"It is not the eggs, your majesty...it is the visits of
kings."