link(2) and EFAULT

From: Dave Hayes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 12:28:28 -0700

Under what conditions does link() return EFAULT? The man
page says:

  [EFAULT]  One of the pathnames specified is outside the
            process's allocated address space.

However I would think that if I had a (char *) pointing
outside the address space that I would get a segfault
somewhere before getting this error. How would you even
handle this error, should your code get it?

In short, I'm confused. :)
------
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave@jetcafe.org

We tend to scoff at the beliefs of the ancients. But we
can't scoff at them personally, to their faces, and this is
what annoys me.