Re: 4mb PAGES for mbuf clusters

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 21:50:06 -0700 (PDT)

:G'day All,
:
:Would anybody be able to provide me details on FreeBSD's
:implementation of 4MB pages for mbufs. I really can't find any detail
:on FreeBSD archives.
:
:Cheers
:kmb
:
:--
:Something is wrong up on cloud # 9!

    Alan announced it a few months ago. I'm trying to find the reference.
    I'll bet you can search the freebsd mail archives to find it.

    Again, though, the issue is not so much implementing the large
    pages but implementing mechanisms that prevent fragmentation from
    making it impossible to construct physically contiguous pages that
    are that large.

					<dillon@backplane.com>