Re: implemented features (Re: Decision time....)

From: "Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 15:59:51 +0200 CEST

At risk of putting my foot in my mouth...

If DragonFly BSD isn't there yet in terms of performance, on Rahul's
hardware in the area of scientific computation, it might be better to
simply admitt that this -could- be the case, thank him for his
interest, ask him to be patient, and then try to estimate the time to
when DragonFly BSD will be equal or superior to his other platform
choices.

I believe Rahul said that he has been using DragonFly BSD for 2 years,
and while it would be possible to fail to make a thorough evaluation
during 2 years, I would think he has tried to use DragonFly BSD for his
purposes and is basing his performance estimates on that experience.

It's not a good idea to alienate potential users by being agressively
apologetic.

But I'm just a lurker.

I just found this thread a lot less fun.

/Jonas Sundström.