Re: Decision time.... should NATA become the default for this release?

From: elekktretterr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 20:13:52 +1000 (EST)

> It's true that a major version bump such as 2.0 will get
> special attention in the press, in newsletters, various
> forums etc., and people will certainly expect that
> significant milestones have been reached to warrant such
> a major version jump.  Telling them that it's just co-
> incidence because 2.0 follows naturally after 1.9 will
> not work, they will be disappointed.  Therefore I would
> also recommend to wait with 2.0 until a milestone -- such
> as the new file system -- has been hammered out.
> Pun intended.  ;-)

I'd also rather have 1.10 than 2.0.
Hopefully someone will push the mplock out of the network stack for 2.0 at
the start of next year. That would be great. Imagine: new file system,
syslink, LWP/1:1 userland threading and network stack without BGL.

This would surely be worth 2.0 and would make it quite big in press.

Petr