Re: implemented features (Re: Decision time....)

From: Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd120@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 05 Jun 2007 05:30:58 GMT
"km b" <kmb810@gmail.com> wrote:
>When you claim something generally, like 64-bit machines faster than
>32-bit machines, it is but specific to your application and the area
>you are working in.

Neither Michel nor I claimed anything "generally".  We're both talking
about our specific experience with scientific computation.

>And you can always run dragonfly on a 64-bit machine and it doesn't
>mean the OS won't utilize the available resources of 64-bit
>processors.

In 32-bit mode the additional general-purpose registers and additional
XMM registers are not available.

>I'd ask you guys from making such comments as the DragonFly ain't SMP
>capable and won't be for a while just because you don't want to try it
>(because it doesn't have fancy graphical installer of your famous
>linux distro) .

I used it for 2 years on a laptop that is now kaput.  I ceased for
various reasons, none of which was a graphical installer.  Meanwhile,
who are you and why don't you put a real name to your flames?

Rahul