Re: Decision time.... should NATA become the default for this release?

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 10:31:57 -0700 (PDT)

:	OK updated and tried nata on my A8V based box with two opticals and
:a SATA hard disk - I got a boot time trap (output and trace with arguments
:elided below - if the trace arguments would help I can probably do it again
:and type them up):
:
:kbd0 at atkbd0
:kernel trap 12 with interrupts disabled
:Fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode
:fault virtual address   = 0x0
:fault code              = supervisor read, page not present
:instruction pointer     = 0x8:0xc03c05fc

    Please nm -n kernel.debug  (for the kernel binary that caused the panic)
    and locate the symbols that occur before and after the instruction
    pointer, c03c05fc.

    This is cockpit trouble somewhere, but I don't know where.  Also try
    doing a verbose boot (boot -v) and see if we get more meaningful
    console output just before the crash.

					<dillon@backplane.com>