Re: 2.0 installer integration

From: Scott Ullrich <sullrich@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 18:49:46 -0400

Gergo Szakal wrote:
On Tue, 29 May 2007 14:29:30 -0400
Scott Ullrich <sullrich@gmail.com> wrote:

If people are serious about making changes I can arrange for a CVS commit bit on bsdinstaller.com and we can do the initial changes in a CVS branch and merge them back. Sorry that I have been quiet lately, pfSense has been monopolizing my time but I still do quite a bit of
work on the installer from time to time. The problem is that it
"just works great" so it is hard for me to modify it much at the
moment :)

A CVS branch sounds good. However what we really need is advice from you when necessary. Are you open for questions via mail or the installer list?

Small status report: we are pkgsrcifying the ports-related stuff right
now, the next step is the integration of the installer into the
nrelease framework and the last step will be the actual DF-specific lua
editing. It will use if... else/elseif conditionals to decide whether
the system is running DF or FreeBSD.

Questions will mostly be related to installer-specific Lua functions
and variables.

Sure. Either email me directly or join #bsdinataller on FreeNODE where I lurk alone these days.

Scott