nrelease & installing pkgsrc packages

From: Gergo Szakal <bastyaelvtars@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 22:45:03 +0200

Hello list,

While pkgsrcifying packages to be available with the installer, we ran
into a problem with Lua. 5.0 is not in pkgsrc but 5.1 is, the installer
requires 5.0 (5.1 and 5.0 are incompatible in both the C and the Lua
sides), but I saw that Dragonfly installs pkgsrc packages that have
been put into the ISO. Now it will install the installer, the required
libraries and Lua. So if we remove them, those tools will not be
available on the installed system, but if we don't remove, pkgsrc won't
let us install Lua 5.1.

We could suffix Lua 5.0 but that would require hacking loads of
packages and we are not sure at all that we can do that.

What should we do now?

P. S.: we can commit it into pkgsrc-wip if you would like to take a
look.

--
Gergo Szakal <bastyaelvtars@gmail.com>
University Of Szeged, HU

/* Please do not CC me with replies, thank you. */