Re: diskless machines for parallel processing?

From: Erik Wikström <erik-wikstrom@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 08:19:59 +0100

On 2007-02-14 02:41, tuxillo wrote:
hi
Well, I've got about 6 machines (4 PIII 900 and 2 PII 333). I've
installed DF in one machine and 5 will boot via PXE and they will be
diskless. I've choosen DF because this is going towards "native
clustering". but, in what state is this project now? can I test whether
my machines are in a cluster? how do I start and where?
thanks a lot!

Not quite there yet, if you want to get an idea of where the project is and where it's going the recent interview with Matt at BSDTalk might be of interest [1] and [2]. There is also the mails to the kernel-list [3].

1. http://bsdtalk.blogspot.com/2007/02/bsdtalk098-dragonflybsd-developer.html
2. http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/users/2007-02/msg00110.html
3. http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/kernel/2007-02/

--