Re: VKernel progress update - 11 Jan 2007

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 22:41:44 -0800 (PST)

:and when I start vkernel on this machine, pressing ctrl+T just worked
:as expected.  However, if I press ctrl+SPACE(or ctrl+@), vkernel terminated
:immediately, instead of printing "^@".  Does this key comibnation have
:special meaning?

    I'll bet it is due to the way I am setting up the termios in
    vcons_set_mode() (machine/vkernel/platform/console.c).
    I guess setting the various cc_cc[] elements to 0 didn't disable them,
    but changed them to ctrl-@.

    If you want to investigate that and fix it, please go ahead.  I assume
    it is something simple.

:Yes, this gave me the login prompt finally!  And after your commits today,
:other problems seem to be fixed too.
:
:Thanks.

    Excellent.  Mine has been extremely stable through all the testing I've
    done.  I still have two issues left to deal with.. a better timer
    interrupt, and an async I/O solution.

					<dillon@backplane.com>