VKernel progress update - 10 Jan 2006

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 02:46:35 -0800 (PST)

    Buildworld blows past the point where it failed before.  Hopefully
    it will be done when I wake up in a few hours :-).  I've definitely
    squashed the last major VM bug.

    Real (non virtual) kernels will be slightly nerfed until I am able to
    commit a followup later on thursday.  The virtual kernel support
    requires the real kernel to force a fault on (initial) page writes in
    order to be able to set the Modify bit in the virtual page table entries,
    but the fault is currently being forced on ALL user pages.  Needless
    to say, that is not entirely desireable.  I will fix this on thursday to
    make it apply only to virtual page tables.  Doing it right is somewhat
    non-trivial.

					<dillon@backplane.com>