Re: VKernel progress update - 9 Jan 2006

From: "Sepherosa Ziehau" <sepherosa@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 08:42:45 +0800

On 1/11/07, Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com> wrote:
   That network interface works great!  I got it working between the real
   kernel and virtual kernel.  I tried to bridge it onto the real network
   interface so I could run dhclient from the virtual kernel, but it
   wasn't happy about that.  It might have just been the ifconfig
   command I tried to use:

       realkernel% ifconfig nfe0 addm tap0
       ifconfig: BRDGADD tap0: Invalid argument

you probably need to: on another terminal, after start vkernel

ifconfig bridge0 create
ifconfig nfe0 up
ifconfig tap0 up
ifconfig bridge0 addm nfe0 addm tap0
ifconfig bridge0 inet xx.xx.xx.yy

(you may need to unset nfe0's address first, before add it to bridge0)

in vkernel
ifconfig vke0 inet xx.xx.xx.zz

then you can access a real machine by ping xx.xx.xx.ww

Best Regards,
sephe

--
Live Free or Die