Re: VKernel progress update - 8 Jan 2006 (milestone reached!)

From: "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 06:42:16 +0100

Matthew Dillon wrote:
Virtual Kernel In Search of Network Interface!

    Would someone like to write a pseudo network driver for the virtual
    kernel this week, for the release?  Sephe maybe?  It has to be someone
    familiar with NETIF due to our release deadline.  The
    /usr/src/sys/dev/virtual/net directory is empty and waiting!

If you tell me how to get an interrupt when the tap fd has new data ready? Or should it simply do some coarse callout polling?

besides that I think that a basic network interface is fairly trivial to implement.

cheers
 simon