HEADS UP - Special extended I/O system calls being renamed

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 12:43:42 -0800 (PST)

    The following special extended I/O system calls are being renamed:

    __accept	->	extaccept
    __connect	->	extconnect
    __pread	->	extpread
    __preadv	->	extpreadv
    __pwrite	->	extpwrite
    __pwritev	->	extpwritev

    Only libc, libc_r, and the vitrual kernel use these calls so far,
    and the syscall numbers are not changing, so it should be safe
    to rename them without having to bump the libc version.

    A full build / install sequence is recommended.  I will commit
    the changes as soon as I test exactly that.

					<dillon@backplane.com>