Re: NATA update

From: YONETANI Tomokazu <qhwt+dfly@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 23:41:42 +0900

On Tue, Dec 12, 2006 at 02:02:58PM +0000, Thomas E. Spanjaard wrote:
> YONETANI Tomokazu wrote:
> >>I haven't debugged this one yet, and the code I looked at yesterday
> >>doesn't scream "here's the problem, obviously!". I'll try reproducing it
> >>tomorrow.
> >This may have something to do with part of JMicron chip support
> >code not yet included in our ata-chipset.c .  I'll play with it
> >later today.
>
> Yes, I intend to sync with FreeBSD on a regular basis; though I want the
> current code working first. I'm procrastinating too much regarding
> ataraid, and the manpages...
>
> But your dmesg does show ad0 attaches, right? And if it's on PATA only,
> which controller is it on? The (formerly Acer, ALi) ULi (now nVidia)
> controller or the JMicron one? Fwiw, my new box also has a JMicron
> PATA+SATA+eSATA controller (36x series, I'd have to check), but I have
> my disk on the ICH8R southbridge SATA controller running in PATA
> emulation mode (I have yet to try AHCI mode, and RAID with ataraid support).

The mainboard is from ASRock:
  http://www.asrock.com/PRODUCT/939Dual-SATA2.htm
The hard drives are on PATA ports and there's nothing on SATA port,
and it's not doing any RAID.

If I boot a UP kernel, it proceeds to "start_init: trying /sbin/init",
but then stuck there(the backtrace in DDB is from console handler).

One thing caught my attention in dmesg from SMP kernel:
  nata0 [tentative] failed to probe at port 0x1f0 irq 14 on isa0
  nata1 [tentative] failed to probe at port 0x170 irq 15 on isa0
vs
  ata2 [tentative] failed to probe at port 0x1f0 irq 14 on isa0
  ata3 [tentative] failed to probe at port 0x170 irq 15 on isa0

FWIW, I put the kernel configs here:
  http://les.ath.cx/DragonFly/FIREBOLT.SMP.nata
  http://les.ath.cx/DragonFly/FIREBOLT.nata

Thanks.