Re: NATA update

From: "Thomas E. Spanjaard" <tgen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 23:44:04 +0000

YONETANI Tomokazu wrote:
  acd0: WARNING - DEVICE_RESET taskqueue timeout - completing request directly
  spin_lock: 0xc240ba6c, indefinite wait!
  spin_lock: 0xc240ba6c, indefinite wait!

I just comitted a fix I tested on my new Core 2 Duo (it's sweet!). I didn't unlock the done spinlock when calling ata_completed() directly when the msleep() timed out.

nata* drivers are compiled in an SMP kernel, running on Athlon64X2
with ASRock 939Dual-SATA2 .  If I yank off the DVD-ROM drive from the
system, it proceeds to mount root fs, then failed:

  Mounting root from ufs:/dev/ad0s1h
  no such device 'ad'
  setrootbyname failed
  ffs_mountroot: can't find rootvp
  Root mount failed: 6

I haven't debugged this one yet, and the code I looked at yesterday doesn't scream "here's the problem, obviously!". I'll try reproducing it tomorrow.

Cheers,
--
        Thomas E. Spanjaard
        tgen@netphreax.net