Re: The Clustering and Userland VFS transport protocol - summary

From: Oliver Fromme <check+izg8p300rslt4lh1@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 18 May 2006 07:07:39 GMT

Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 > [...]
 >    On the bright side, the work involved happens to be the same work needed
 >    to make the descriptor and I/O paths MP safe... or at least MP capable.
 >    So it looks like I am going to be doing a bunch of MP-related work before
 >    I can begin work on the userland VFS/CLUSTER coding.
 >
 >                                                -Matt

I just feel the need to say that I appreciate very much
all of the work you're doing.  I wish you the best of luck
and success, and that all of the goals will be reached
(hopefully not too far in the future).  :-)

Best regards
   Oliver

PS:  Can't wait for ZFS and all the serious clustering
stuff (SSI) ...  :-)