Re: pkgsrc packaging of base?

From: David Kirchner <dpk@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 16:32:05 -0800

On 2/8/06, Steve Mynott <steve.mynott@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm not sure quite how this would work and what the size of the
> packages would be?  would /bin/* be in a bin-x.x.x package or /bin/ls
> be ls-x.x.x?

I'd rather see fewer large packages than lots of smaller ones. It'll
be a lot easier for mailing lists to support users when they can ask
for a list of installed packages and get a few numbers back, rather
than 10's of thousands. Same goes for administering a network of
servers.

I just noticed:

http://www.dragonflybsd.org/goals/packages.cgi

so I guess it's already a part of the goals list.