Re: Kernel work update

From: walt <wa1ter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 13:37:07 -0800

Matthew Dillon wrote:
[...]
>     This work will eventually dovetail into the ZFS work...

I had no idea what ZFS was, so I googled it and found this:

"...Sun's patent-pending "adaptive endian-ness" technology,
which is unique to ZFS..."

I still don't know was ZFS is, but now I know it's proprietary,
like java, with all the same baggage attached.

Sun is playing nice with open-source at the moment, but will
they continue to play nice when their stock price drops yet
another 50% ?  I dunno.  I hope so.