Re: code bounties for DragonFly ?

From: "Justin C. Sherrill" <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 00:03:40 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, January 29, 2006 6:34 pm, Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
> On 29.01.2006, at 21:10, Sascha Wildner wrote:
>>> But I wouldn't want to use mediawiki as our homepage.  I see MoinMoin
>>> used more and more, for instance at x.org/freedesktop and so on.  I
>>> think it's worth looking if transition is feasible.
>> Are there any specific reasons you wouldn't want to use MediaWiki?
>
> mediawiki is fat and bloated, and it needs a mysql server running.  i
> suspect most wikibots only target mediawiki.  oh and i don't trust php
> as far as i can see - and i'm *verry* short sighted.

These are valid concerns, but vague, and they only deal with the
underlying tools.  I want to make comparisons on specific features of
those wikis.  (I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass; just careful.)

Moinmoin's ability to output XML DocBook is pretty neat, and something
that's been discussed here before as a need.  The WYSIWIG editor works to
remove my personal bugaboo that generating content should be as easy as
possible.  However, MediaWiki is pretty heavily used and developed, so I'd
hate to miss out on any features that showed up there first.  Plus, I
haven't installed enough wikis (has anyone here?) to know the quirks of
each.