Re: code bounties for DragonFly ?

From: joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 22:25:55 +0100

On Wed, Jan 25, 2006 at 09:30:15PM -0500, David Rhodus wrote:

> The first item in my mind is finishing off the 1:1 Threading would be
> a great feature to have working.  Most interesting would be if someone
> took the time to build with mysql and make sure the performance is at
> least on par with FreeBSD.

Well, the best idea is most likely to just offer a bounty and see if
anyone wants to work on it. The Project so to say doesn't have to be
vrey involved with one big exception. What happens if someone claims a
bounty, but the resulting code (or documentation for that matter) is not
deemed appropiate?

That's the single question, which should be answered, otherwise I'm
neither a strong proponent or opponent of bounties.

Joerg