Re: EFI ?

From: David Rhodus <drhodus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 10:20:06 -0500

On 1/12/06, Simon 'corecode' Schubert <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Erik V. Smith wrote:
> > Will DragonFly boot on an EFI based system?
> >
> > http://www.intel.com/technology/efi/
>
> We don't have any EFI bootloader building at the moment, but it
> shouldn't be hard to do so.  Which hardware offers EFI support at the
> moment?

The new Intel Apple's.  They have been talking about it on the fbsd
lists.  The IA64 code should be an easy port to get things up and
going.  Though DFly still doesn't have any native 64-bit support, it
should still be a good kernel to run on those machines.  If the video
is anything like in the mac-mini's everything should be very easy to
setup as fbsd and xorg runs fine on one.

-DR