Re: netstat -m still reporting incorrect numbers

To: Stefan Krüger <skrueger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Hiten Pandya <hmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 16:31:03 +0000

Stefan Krüger wrote:

another thing is systat -ifstat, it fails with "ip_stats structure has grown--recompile systat!"; as above, I only get this on my MP box

I don't understand why the ip_stats structure would do this, depending on how old your binaries are. The IP accounting counters are recorded on each CPU and exported to userland, where they are aggregated, so this could be the cause of your trouble, although it shouldn't happen.

Regards,

--
Hiten Pandya
hmp at dragonflybsd.org