Re: Install Log

From: Adrian Nida <nida@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 11:53:44 -0400

Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
On 19.10.2005, at 16:24, Erik P. Skaalerud wrote:

The only missing part is to tell people somewhere in the docs that you download src from http://xyz.

on every snapshot mirror, directory "src".

I still dont see how users are going to know that these snapshots exist? By browsing through mirrors and hoping that src is there somewhere?

Yes. If they can find a LATEST*.iso.bz2 they can find a src/ subdir as well.

Simon,

I think what Erik is trying to say is that we should put some form of documentation on the download page that the sources exist. I do agree with this. After all, we all know what a user can do differs from what a user should do and both of which differ from what a user actually does.

Adrian