Re: LWPs and LWKTs, how they relate

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 16:57:02 -0700 (PDT)

:So it is:
:
:proc 1 <-> lwp 1 <-> lwkt 1  [single threaded]
:
:proc 2 <-> lwp 2 <-> lwkt 2  [multi threaded]
:         \> lwp 3 <-> lwkt 3
:
:                      lwkt 4  [kernel thread]
:
:One proc groups multiple "threads" called struct lwp.
:
:> Hope this question does not seem too stupid.
:
:Not at all!  I will come up with a roadmap in some minutes.
:
:cheers
:   simon

    This will also fit in well with our scheduler framework.  With a
    reasonable amount of work we can implement all the POSIX scheduling
    models natively in the kernel.  But that's for later :-)