Re: Different versions of system calls in assembly language

From: Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 17:13:50 +0100

On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 08:44:29AM -0700, Matthew Dillon wrote:
:     For historical reasons (meaning that the original authors of the

So that's why there is one marked COMPAT BSD and the other STD BSD.

:     Generally speaking, you should not be calling int 0x80 directly
:     but should instead call into libc, but I understand you are trying

Actually, I would happily use the libc call instead.  I declared mmap as an
extern, and that's the one I got.  Is there a _mmap I should be calling
instead?  I'm linking to libc, but somehow I'm getting the direct mmap call.

jcm
--
If you cannot do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly.