Different versions of system calls in assembly language

From: Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 03:38:03 +0100

I'm continuing my foray into assembly language programming, and today I ran
into a problem calling mmap.  The problem came from the fact that the version
I was apparently calling (libc?) was expecting an additional 'pad' argument.

Since the man page does not mention this (I found it in syscalls.master) where
should I have found the information when setting up this call?  Better yet,
how could I access the original mmap with one less argument, other than a
direct int80?

jcm
--
If you cannot do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly.