Re: Prelminary bug web interface now up - for testing only.

From: "Justin C. Sherrill" <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 15:53:49 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, September 23, 2005 1:13 pm, Matthew Dillon said:

>     I am going to introduce a discrete keyword to the schema that will
>     allow people to tag bugs with keywords and then either search on
>     those keywords or click on a keyword hotlink.  I think that might turn
>     out to be the main sorting mechanism.  So e.g. someone introduces a
>     kernel bug and then someone else adds a few keywords like e.g. 'VM'
>     or 'VFS'.  Then someone could search on 'VM' or 'VFS' and find the

How do we deal with variations, i.e. VM, VMS, vm, virtual memory, virtual,
etc.?

A predefined list would limit choices, to some extent.  Freeform would
lead to a lot of variation, or missing fields. (as many people reporting
bugs may not know the correct keyword)  Could a suggested list be built
from the known keyword entries?