Re: final thoughts - bug tracking system

From: Michel Talon <talon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 10:24:44 +0200

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai wrote:

> -On [20050920 00:11], walt (wa1ter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>>I'll bet asmodai could finish this project in a day or two at most.
>
> Yeah, got the stuff/emails lying here.  It's on my list for tomorrow
> (Tuesday).

Well, a day or two is very optimistic unless you have a very powerful
machine, because the cycle of fixing a "bug" relaunching the make
takes ages due to the enormity of the code base. Moreover most
of this stuff is rather complicated C++, and i have had hard time even
understanding the syntax of some problematic code, without constantly
looking in a reference book - of course not being a c++ guy.
Fortunately with the latest patchset and a clean environment i have
not encountered any of this bugs which had plagued my first try
to build the jdk1.5.0.

--
Michel Talon