Re: Bug Tracking System [Was: Re: final thoughts - bug tracking system]

From: Bill Huey (hui) <billh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 19:45:34 -0700

On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 07:21:58PM -0700, Ben Cadieux wrote:
> I think perhaps I'll start with the "XML" comment, since I would argue
> that it's the most humorous.  XML is not critical for databases,
> that's a "baffling" comment to make.  Besides all the lovely
> concurrent access problems, repeatedly parsing a large XML file is not
> a particularly good idea unless your goal is to encourage denial of
> service.

I'd suggest that you try and understanding what object serialization with
regard to Smalltalk systems. That's circa 1978. Then ask where you where
when all of that stuff was being discussed and how you missed that critical
concept so that your knowledge isn't so dated and barbaric. Then when you
get your attitude adjustment, you'd might listen to folks so that you
actually learn something.

bill