Bug Tracking System [Was: Re: final thoughts - bug tracking system]

From: "Thomas E. Spanjaard" <tgen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 01:37:26 +0200

Hereby I request all active committers, developers, and users alike, to reply with their requirements for a Bug Tracking System, from hereon called BTS, according to the following scheme:

- You reply directly to this post. You don't reply to any post replying to this. This is to stop the discussion from sidetracking.

- You state your requirements according to the MOSCOW principle: Must-have, Should-have, Could-have and Would-be-nice.

- Argumentation is not necessary or expected, however, be clear in what you want, but keep it concise.

I also expect all active committers to reply with their list of requirements. This is to end the slow debate and just move on and decide something. After sufficient replies have been posted, I will summarise them on the Wiki, indicating conflicts. After that, I hope sensible discussions will arise on the actual requirements, instead of the bikesheds housing them.

Forgive me if I sounded demanding or authoriative, but I really want this to move on and not kill this particular issue, much less this project. I hereby thank you in advance for your replies.

Cheers,
--
		-- Thomas E. Spanjaard
		   tgen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx