Re: bug tracking system

From: Hiten Pandya <hmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 14:52:38 +0100

Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
On 01.09.2005, at 18:26, Hiten Pandya wrote:

The plan is that I am going to set up Bugzilla in the next two weeks on LEAF. Simon, it is your sole duty to knock me in the head by start of next week if I don't send you a status update. :-)

*knock*

we started a comparison tab at <http://wiki.dragonflybsd.org/index.php/Bug_tracking_system>

bugzilla doesn't look extraordinarily suited.

Anyway, thanks for reminding me as requested. I am currently waiting for LEAF to be go through its hardware refit cycle and then I can work on this issue. I am still considering other bug tracking systems so it's not final yet.

Bugzilla is not bad at all for the purpose. It also allows grouping of bugs, which can be quite useful. Another point is that Bugzilla does not allow anon entries per e-mail and that's a good thing; we will avoid a lot of problems by now allowing anonymous mails as followup.

We are definitely not going with GNATS, period.

-Hiten