Re: PKGSRC will be officially supported as of the next release

From: Sarunas Vancevicius <svan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 16:45:25 +0100

On 11:15, Thu 01 Sep 05, Justin C. Sherrill wrote:
> On Thu, September 1, 2005 9:58 am, Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai said:
> > -On [20050901 15:32], Justin C. Sherrill (justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
> > wrote:
> >>and I don't want to have to migrate a system to pkgsrc until Joerg's
> >> fixes
> >>are in the pkgsrc tree.
> >
> > A lot of Joerg's and my fixes are in the tree nowadays.
>
> Does this mean I should be OK if pulling pkgsrc down from CVS?  i.e. which
> patches are still needed?

If a package X does not compile, how will the dfly specific patches
be handled?

Are we going to manually pull down the patches from a specific
location? or have some hack to check is there a patch for that
package, fetch it and patch it? Will that not be very similar to
what we have/had with dfports?

ps: I never used pkgsrc before or know much about it.

Sarunas