Re: SiI 3112 ATA Controller (and UDMA33 vs SATA150)

From: Michel Talon <talon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 11:30:48 +0200

Dave Hayes wrote:

I thought it was an SiI 3112? FreeBSD 5.4 thinks it is, and if I presume correctly that you are inferring this name and model from the

Anyways, in case you are not aware, if it is is really a SiI 3112,
you may discover that it works in a very poor way, in case it works at all. FreeBSD developers strongly discourage the use of this hardware.