Re: Documentation

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 09:13:42 -0700 (PDT)

    Documentation is important to me but we're not going to make it any
    sort of hard requirement.  Personally speaking I think nudging
    programmers to create manual pages for new work will make them better
    programmers over time.  They don't have to be *good* manual pages,
    they just have to be something that a more documented-oriented person
    can then fix and flesh out.

    User applications, especially those in the base system, really need
    manual pages or people will simply not know that they even exist.
    There's almost no point adding a new user app without a manual page.
    so, e.g. the 'shlock' program that Joerg committed really needs a
    manual page.