Re: Filesystem Journaling Update II - July 2005

From: walt <wa1ter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 14:27:15 -0700

Matthew Dillon wrote:
    .....This is about
    a 7% performance penalty, which is quite reasonable considering what
    you get for the trouble....

I should say so!

Because I don't pretend to understand the technical details of what you have
done with journalling I'm a bit fuzzy about how much of this work depends on
your prior work with LWKT, messaging, and such.

IOW, could this same journalling mechanism be used in FBSD or NBSD
with a bit of hackery?  Or not.