Re: New scheduler algorithm committed

From: walt <wa1ter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 05:15:47 -0700

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005, Matthew Dillon wrote:

> :On Sun, 26 Jun 2005, Matthew Dillon wrote:
> :
> :>     Ok, I have rewritten the scheduler.

> :My very preliminary testing shows an improvement, but not spectacular.

>     Ok, lets narrow it down.  Run the the buildworld from a shell which
>     has been niced up to +5 and see if the pine session improves.

No difference, so I'm glad to hear you found some problems to fix.

I've never fiddled with 'nice' before, so I want to make sure I'm using
it properly.  What I did was this:
# nice -n +5 sh
# make buildworld

Is that what you intended?  And would the result be different than doing
'nice -n +5 make buildworld' ?