Re: RELEASE_1_2 tag confusion

From: "Martin P. Hellwig" <mhellwig@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 22:01:20 +0200

Chuck Tuffli wrote:
I'm sort of confused by the CVS tags I think. I pulled down a tree
using -r DragonFly_RELEASE_1_2_Slip, but uname -r reports

rg-dhcp2# uname -r
1.1-DEVELOPMENT

when I run the new kernel on top of the old base system
(1.2.0-RELEASE). Spot checking some of the files leads me to believe
that the files used in the build are indeed from the RELEASE_1_2 tag.
Does what I'm seeing indicate that there is some sort of inconsistancy
in my build tree?

Well my uname returns:

DragonFly imail.huygenslyceum.nl 1.2.2-RELEASE DragonFly 1.2.2-RELEASE #0: Wed Jun 8 13:13:35 GMT 2005 martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/VPC i386

But I only did a nativekernel because I downloaded the 1_2 and build a kernel more suited for the virtual server hardware.

So I guess indeed that something is fishy.

--
mph