Re: CALL TO COMMITTERS! HELPING WITH SPL REMOVAL!

From: "Martin P. Hellwig" <mhellwig@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 02:01:41 +0200

Paul Allen wrote:
I don't have a problem with replacing critical short usage areas with
critical sections, but flatting it directly is not good.

Joerg

I think Matt has a way of running faster than people like
(by his own admission, see below).  I'm sure he'll do
whatever is necessary after the fact to ameliorate any too
horrendous consequences.

<cut rest of flamestarter - yeah I'll bite>
Well as long as releases are relativly supported and unchanged I can not think of any logical reasons why not to progress, besides much work for nothing, but hey with bsd that's already one way or the other, although I appreciate the work *very* much and I know that there are *much* more people out there who feel the same way.

If in the unlikely event the progress results in a horror f* up, well thats where cvs is for.

--
mph