Support for HP Smart Array 6i RAID controller

From: Andrey Novikov <dragonflybsd.org@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 14:30:13 +0400

Hi!

I've got HP DL 360 G4 box with HP Smart Array 6i RAID controller in it. It was my long waited chance to try DragonFly, but there is no a driver for this RAID controller in a distribution. But there is one in FreeBSD 4.9 (ciss) and it works. I know nothing about driver writing and a little about kernel programming but I have a general knowledge of ANSI C :) and a knowledge of building custom kernels under FreeBSD. So can you guide me how to convert this FreeBSD driver into DragonFly driver and then compile and create a new distribution?

Regards, Andrey.