Re: HEADS UP - ACPICA code updated to 20050211 on -CURRENT

From: dunker <dunker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 22:24:33 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005, YONETANI Tomokazu wrote:

> A few days ago, I committed an update to the acpi driver to use newer
> version of Intel ACPICA code. Although I haven't observed a problem on
> machines at hand before committing it, it hasn't been updated for more
> than half a year, so it's possible that there might be a problem depending
> on your hardware and the ACPI code in the BIOS. If you encountered
> any unfamiliar problem with the recent kernel that you didn't see a week
> or so ago, please try disabling (or building ACPI module with older code
> if you have time) and see if the problem disappears. If it does, please
> don't hesitate to speak out.
> I'm sorry about the late heads up announce like this.

Works over here ;]

acpi0.nexus0.root0[System root bus]
acpi0: <DELL 8300   > [tentative] on motherboard
installed MI handler for int 9
acpi_bus_number: root bus has no _BBN, assuming 0
AcpiOsDerivePciId: bus 0 dev 31 func 0
acpi_bus_number: root bus has no _BBN, assuming 0
AcpiOsDerivePciId: bus 0 dev 31 func 0
acpi0: Power Button (fixed)
cpu0.acpi0[DELL 8300   ].nexus0.root0[System root bus]
cpu0: <ACPI CPU> [tentative] on acpi0
cpu0: <ACPI CPU> [attached!] on acpi0
acpi_button0.acpi0[DELL 8300   ].nexus0.root0[System root bus]
acpi_button0: <Power Button> [tentative] on acpi0
acpi_button0: <Power Button> [attached!] on acpi0
unknown: not probed (disabled)
unknown: not probed (disabled)
unknown: not probed (disabled)
unknown: not probed (disabled)
acpi0: <DELL 8300   > [attached!] at irq 9 on motherboard

greetz,

Bart