Re: A long way to go for source cleanup

From: Bill Hacker <wbh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 03:22:36 +0800

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:

WARNS=6 make buildworld | grep warning | wc-l
366967

We have a lot of work to do :)

Joerg

The reduction is starting to be visible.

Dunno what the percentage of success is so far, but the old K6 I have been using is slow enough I can already see a difference vs 'Grandad'. Most obvious is page after page of orderly aligned text where wall-to-wall confusion hade been the rule.

Despair not - it is worth it even if it reaches only a 50% in distraction.

IMHO, the general code review that accompanies it is even more valuable.

Bill