Re: rc and smf

From: Yury Tarasievich <grog@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 17:46:54 +0200

Emiel Kollof wrote:
Op donderdag 24 februari 2005 07:42, schreef Dan Melomedman:

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai wrote:

ObligatorySideComment:

DJB software is from a code maintenance point nigh-impossible to
maintain.

Why? He rarely releases updates. Licensing and patch acceptance are a different issue.

Have you ever even _read_ DJB's code?

Okay, _I_ did. Did _you_?

It's close to impossible to understand/maintain.

I feel this is strongly exaggerated. In fact, I'd like to see more of the "effort spent on design not hacking", just as is the case with the DJB's code.

Let us recall that all knowledge is subject to subjectivism and leave it at that, as this is beginning to be highly irrelevant to the topic here, right? :)

--regards