Re: phk malloc, was (Re: ptmalloc2)

From: Dan Melomedman <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 23:54:04 -0500

Dan Melomedman wrote:
> Let's stop here then. The feature I am looking for doesn't come with
> Unix by default, beaten horse, etc.

Correction: I just found out that the Linux kernel does support what I am
looking for, and it's done through a sysctl! See

Documentation/vm/overcommit-accounting in the Linux source tree.

Thanks all. I will run dnscache and MessageWall on Linux only for
the reliability's sake. *BSD is fine for disk-writing email servers. I am
not using any other 'preallocating' services that I am aware of.

Peace!