Re: splay tree and red-black tree for vm_map entry lookups.

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 09:49:31 -0800 (PST)

:I will do some more testing here and see if I hit the hint problem. Is there a
:possibility it hits another invalid entry, perhaps it has something to do with
:the map->hint = entry->prev; change?
:
:--
:Eirik Nygaard

    It's possible, but I haven't been able to figure out the cause yet.

    I have gone through 55 buildworlds on two test machines overnight, so
    I am going to commit what we have so far (with the hint code disabled).