Re: link: "Recursive Make Considered Harmful"

From: Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai <asmodai@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 07:31:43 +0100

http://www.in-nomine.org/~asmodai/jam.tgz
http://www.in-nomine.org/~asmodai/src-jam.tgz

jam.tgz is 2.5 minus all unneeded crap (still need to update Jambase and
ditch all non-needed crap).  Makefile compiles specifically for DragonFly.

Initial work for src/bin and src/sbin is in src-jam.  Right now for bin I
took 37 s total with make.  Using jam (misses 3-4 targets right now) it
takes me slightly more than 6 s.  So I guess I will end up at something like
8 s.  So we're looking at a 80% reduction in build tool for just bin.

Feel free to send corrections/additions and such to me and I'll keep these
files updated.  I am aiming at converting src/bin, sbin, lib, usr.bin, and
usr.sbin for now.

Free Tibet! http://www.savetibet.org/ | http://ashemedai.deviantart.com/
http://www.tendra.org/   | http://www.in-nomine.org/
If you would thoroughly know anything, teach it to others...